EMOTIONAL REALITY FESTIVAL
Emotional Reality is the Russian-British crosscultural project designed to involve professional artists from both countries who are interested to explore the new possibilities opening for visual art by the emerging technologies.
Amongst our main goals is to apply a creative approach using spatial multimedia in exploring various aspects of cultural and social life of people living in both countries.
We would also like to invite the general public to a wider discussion about the current cross-cultural subjects, aiming to bring two countries together and to develop Russian-British cultural and business relationships.
By spatial multimedia we understand the use of multimedia projection in the large space equipped with the number of projection surfaces of various shapes. Depending on the artistic purpose and idea, it can use panoramic screens, projection spheres, geospheres, image labyrinth, enﬁladed visual surfaces etc.
The unique content is created with the use of video, graphic and photo images, audio and other multimedia means. As a result, the viewer is immersed in the artistic work without the mediation by any specialised devices, which creates an opportunity for a directs emotional response.
- Cross-cultural development and extended collaboration between the leading professionals in the visual art industry, including digital art •! Applying digital art as a multidisciplinary educational tool •! Building a platform and the guidelines for the potential collaboration between digital artists and the leading art institutions of Russia and the UK: State Tretyakov Gallery, Hermitage Museum, Russian Museum, Tate Britain and Tate Modern, National Gallery, V&A Museum, Saatchi Gallery, Royal Academy of Arts, Barbican Art Gallery etc.
- Establishing and developing of the business culture and legal standards around visual art in Russia, experience and knowledge exchange: creating and promoting digital art work, copyright law around digital art, eﬀective communication and collaboration with overseas art institutions etc. •! Popularisation and developing of digital art using spatial multimedia in Russia •! Supporting new talent in visual art in both countries
Both artists already working with digital content and those working in traditional styles and techniques are invited to apply for participation. The applicants will be asked to submit a proposal, their professional portfolio, their CV and a cover letter explaining their interest in the project. Two curators, one from each country, will be shortlisting the artists for the ﬁnal competition. The curators should be the leading experts in the ﬁeld of the modern visual art in general and digital art in particular. The curators will be appointed by the producers of the festival.
The creation of the artworks with the selected artists will be carried out in close collaboration with Emotional Reality’s production team. The role of the production team is to guide the participants according to the requirements, imposed by the spatial multimedia, to the content and technical settings of the ﬁnal works. To enable this process the participants and the production team will be involved in two preparatory workshops (one at the start of the artwork creation and another half-way through the process). The production team will also play a crucial role in planning, preparing and setting the ﬁnal exhibition of the artworks.
The curators will also be leading the main artistic judging panel of the festival. The main panel can also include the representatives of the main sponsors of the festival. Other sponsors of the festival will form an additional sponsors’ panel.
The festival will be ﬁnalised by the artistic panel giving away three prizes. The sponsors’ panel will select their own winner of the sponsors’ prize. The ﬁnal artworks will also be publish online allowing Internet users to select the winning work for the audience prize. This will help the popularisation and the interactivity of the festival.
Emotional Reality would not only like to engage the participants from the art industry but to give an opportunity for the general public to engage with digital art. We are committing to run at least 3 outreach events in connection with the festival, including a workshop for children and young people, talks, lectures and master-classes, including the events from the festival technology partners.
We are looking for a large space (a gallery, a museum, a large library etc.) to host the festival. The special dimensions of the space should not be less than 1000 m2, 5-6 m height.
The venue should beneﬁt from high reputation in the ﬁeld of modern art and education, well-developed marketing network and audience engagement. Ideally, we would also like the venue to have a system in place for running educational and outreach events.
Examples (Moscow): Flakon, Di Telegraph, Strelka, Vinzavod, Moscow Museum, Brother Lumiere Photography Centre, Digital October etc.
Examples (London): Tate, Saatchi, White Cube Gallery, Barbican Art Gallery, The British Library etc.
SUGGESTED PROJECT SCHEDULE
- ! Conﬁrming sponsorships and partnerships June – October 2017 •! Conﬁrming the curators and the panel for the festival October – November 2017 •! Application process and shortlisting the candidates October – December 2017 •! Venue conﬁrmation August – November 2017
- ! Working on the artworks December 2017 – April 2018 •! Selecting the winners May – June 2018 •! Publication of the artworks online, voting online May – June 2018 •! Setting up and running of an exhibition live (London) May – June 2018 •! Gala and Prize giving June 2018
- ! Closing and post production activity, setting aim for next year June 2018 •! Exhibition live (Moscow) July 2018 •! Outreach activity (London) May – June 2018
Emotional reality is scheduled to have place in June 2018:
Platinum £80,000 •! A member of the main festival panel •! A member of the sponsors’ festival panel •! 10 VIP invitations to all festival events •! Corporate advertising in all events of the festival •! Corporate advertising in all printed marketing materials of the festival •! Corporate advertising in all online and multimedia materials of the festival
Gold £60,000 •! A member of the sponsors’ festival panel •! 6 VIP invitations to all festival events •! Corporate advertising in all events of the festival •! Corporate advertising in all printed marketing materials of the festival •! Corporate advertising in all online and multimedia materials of the festival
Silver £40,000 •! 4 VIP invitations to all festival events •! Corporate advertising in all events of the festival •! Corporate advertising in all printed marketing materials of the festival •! Corporate advertising in all online and multimedia materials of the festival
Press-sponsor (Media Partner) •! 2 VIP invitations to all festival events •! Corporate advertising in all printed marketing materials of the festival •! Corporate advertising in all online and multimedia materials of the festival
PARTNERS conﬁrmed to date:
- Russian Art and Culture London, russianartandculture.com •! Westminster Russia Forum London, westminster-russia.org.uk •! ARTA – a legal group specialising in the art market Moscow, artalaw.ru
- National Centre for Contemporary Arts (NCCA) Moscow, ncca.ru •! Mirage Associates (Dataton) UK, mirageassociates.co.uk •! British Higher School of Art and Design Moscow, britishdesign.ru
Emotional Reality — space and immersive multimedia projects www.emotional-reality.ru
Katerina Miroshnikova General Producer
+7 926 232-66-64 email@example.com
Artist Digital – producing cultural and educational projects in visual art and classical music www.artistdigital.co.uk
Anastasia Witts Co-producer
+44 (0) 7821 761 728 firstname.lastname@example.org